1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kernal Inpage Error Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cpassey, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cpassey

cpassey Thread Starter

Okay, so this all started when my hard drive failed. I had tested my (old) hard drive on other computers so I know it really failed. I bought a 120 GB SSD and a 750 GB Seagate external hard drive for my computer. ( my computer is a Asus Republic of Gamers G73SW, 8 GB of ram i7 intel quad core @ 2.0 GHz) if you would like to know. , Ever since I replaced the hard drive, my computer freezes mostly while I am gaming and gives the Kernal Inpage Error. Even when I knew my old hard drive was going out soon, it never gave me that error, it would just crash, (that is the old hard dive). I went to the place I bought the new SSD and external hard drive and they told me it was probably an issue with my motherboard or operating system (windows 7 Ultimate, which I paid for) I did though have a new power jack put on my mother board about 8 months ago.. Never had any type of problem. And just FYI I do work at a computer company, kinda like Geek Squad, I am fairly new and only work with software, not hardware like this stuff. I know for sure I have no viruses or anything like that. ( checked a lot ) ran disk check's and all of that. Just don't know if my mother board is really the problem or maybe the new SSD ( which Best Buy when I asked about it told me it was my mother board, and not the new SSD I bought from them ) The weird thing is when it does crash, my BIOS will not recognize that the SSD is even there( after a crash ) my computer will not boot and I check the BIOS and my SSD will not show up, For hours sometimes... So I dont know I have asked everyone from my work and other computer shops and they all say they don't know or give different answers, only had this computer a little over a year (I love it!) but now just thinking to build my own....

2. EpicNetworkGroup

EpicNetworkGroup

I'm sure you've tried but you may want to check to see if your motherboard has the latest chipset, firmware, etc. updates applied. Some motherboards are quite up to speed with SSD just yet.

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello & welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

Please download & run this forums' system info tool. Pleas post the results in a reply. It will provide some important information that you didn't include. But, thanks for providing the brand, model model #, cpu & ram info.
    http://forums.techguy.org/personal-news-announcements/948490-tsg-system-information-utility.html

Is anything over clocked? If so, please set it / the over clocking to normal clocking.

When did the problem begin? When did the computer last work well? Occasionally, the exact date is important.

Was it during the installation of W7? The install of a driver or a program or a W7 update? Check your W7 update history.

Onto which of the HDDs you mentioned did you install W7? Please provide the Brand, model & model #, as well as capacity of each HDD.

Please provide the total capacity of each drive; the GB used; the GB free for each drive; if partitioned, the amounts of free & used and total GV for each partition.

When does the error msg appear? What are you doing with the computer / What is the computer doing when the error message appears?
    Specifically, which games?

Have you run any diagnostic tests, for example for your hard disk drives? I would not be surprised if we discover that the problem is the HDD onto which W7 is installed.

What changed; a hardware or software install or removal; a W7 update or update to your anti malware; an Adobe or Foxit Reader or Java update perhaps? Check your W7 update history.

Which power jack?
    Do you refer to the white colored connector at the bottom, center third, to which the blue arrow is pointing?
    See attached .jpg.

Would you consider yourself a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?

I hope you do not think me rude, but it would be very helpful to me if you would separate your replies into paragraphs. There will probably be other forum members who reply. I can not comment for them. But for me, it is difficult to read text that is not separated by lines. This request is not intended to be a personal criticism of you.

Please verify that you computer is configured to save minidumps. If it is, please to to C:\windows\minidumps. Copy the 3 most recent files to a separate folder. Then compress that folder to a .zip type folder.
    Return to this thread. Use "go advanced". Go to "manage attachments". Upload the .zip folder. 1 of us will analyze the mini dumps for you.

The more information that you provide, the sooner will we be able to help you solve your problem.

If you don't know how perform some of the steps, please let us know. Instructions will be provided.

RF123

Attached Files:

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

On the blue screen of death [ BSOD ] near teh bottom, there is a string of letters & numbers.

Do you see:
    0x0000007A

0x00000077

or something else? If something else, what?

Also, please send the minidump file or files. You need not wait until you have 3 minidumps. 1 could be all we need.

RF123

5. cpassey

cpassey Thread Starter

Thanks for the fast replies! here is from the system tool you had me download (ram says 6gb, been testing my sticks 1 by 1. so that is why. (heard it could be a Ram issue)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 6121 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 114370 MB, Free - 10444 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., G73Sw
    Antivirus: None

Okay, nothing has been overclocked, the problem started December 22 2012 I believe, I have a HP v300a 120gb Solid State Hard Drive I put in my computer on December 19 2012. Never had any type of problem like this before, I have even tried a clean re install of windows 7 twice, and still get the same error. The SSD is a 120 GB with almost 40gb free,

I have a external hard drive I keep my programs and such on (ie games, itunes, skype and so forth) Everything my computer needs is on the SSD and the rest on the external. (external drive is a Seagate SRD0SP0 750 GB)

I have tried putting the games on the SSD and playing, (incase it was from having them on the external drive) but still same error.

So when asked Which Games? Mostly World of Warcraft and Battlefield 3 those are the 2 games I play the most, I did get the error once while I was playing Aion.

I too would not be surprised if it was the SSD, I even took it back to Best Buy where I bought it, to see if I could exchange it, and they told me it was my motherboard.....

Also the power jack, about 8 months ago my computer would not charge and was just running on the battery, next day I couldn't get it to turn on and charge.

Apparently the jack for the power cable was disconnected to the motherboard, so I took it to a shop and they had a new power jack soldered on the motherboard, (but I never had a problem with the computer after that)

Also I cannot find any mini dumps, how would I go about configuring my computer to save those?

And I guess I will need to wait till I get the blue screen again, but I will let you know.

If there is anything else you need, or that I forgot to cover, please ask and I will give you the info the best I can.

Thanks

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

c :
    Thanks for the reply.

Please clarify:
    Do you install your games to c:\program files\<something> or to a different location?

Open "computer"
    What is the drive letter of the external drive?

left click start > programs or all programs
    Look for WoW
    RIGHT click the program name, or the folder

Please provide the location

RF123

7. rainforest123

rainforest123

Minidumps
    RIGHT click "computer"
    left click "properties"
    upper left, left click "advanced system settings"
    "advanced" tab
    "startup & recovery" section
    left click "settings" button
    left click the down pointing arrow, bottom 1/3 of the tab
    left click "write "
    select "smarll memory dump" drop down arrow
    uncheck " auto restart"
    uncheck "over write"
    OK
    OK
    close

run diags for each / both of your HDDs.
    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

I don't see one for HP listed there.

I couldn't find a support page for your HP v300a 120gb Solid State Hard at tacktech or support.hp.com
    You may need to contact HP or the company from which you purchased the HP v300a 120gb Solid State Hard

RF123

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice