1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Category (63)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by blueflareeyes, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueflareeyes

blueflareeyes Thread Starter

Hi! I have been having an issue with my computer crashing during gaming sessions or just watching videos. This issue does not occur when simply viewing the web. The issue appears in Event Viewer as Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Task 63 and states the computer did not shut down properly. I tried looking through many forums on different sites, but I can't find a solution. The reboots began when I got the PC back in July 2014 and thinking the issue was the graphics card and power supply, I had them both replaced. The issue continued even after they were replaced and I really can't figure this out. I would really like to know what is wrong with my computer so I hope someone can help me fix this!

My specs are:
    Motherboard: MSI Z1-7641
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 8192MB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 750Ti 4GB
    PSU: Capstone 750W

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice