kernel32.dll error in iexplore.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daybo

I am using Windows ME, and i keep getting a kernel32.dll error when i am surfing the web and then it shuts IE down. It happens very sporatic. can anyone help me? i have two other kernel32.dll files i downloaded but they are different sizes.
thanx

If you downloaded some new kernel32.dll files just delete them. Replacing the one you have won't fix anything for this problem. The standard "first thing to try" for your problem is to download and run Ad-ware and see if you have any spyware that could be causing the error. http://www.lavasoft.de/

But let us know what it finds before deleting anything with it. You may need to remove what if finds another way.

daybo

i tried that prior to posting my thread and so far i have been ok but this wa only yesterday. i got a bunch of "SAVENOW" files, among other things but i cant remember what they were, and I deleted them already using ada-ware. and i have deleted the other kernel32.dll files. but any suggestions would be appreciated!
thanx

How often does the error pop up? Does it occur after turning on the computer or only after it's been on awhile? If the latter it could be due to low resources. When you get the error again check your resources and see where they're at. To do that right click the My Computer icon and select Properties--Performance tab.

Do you have Gator installed?

The error is "IExplore in Kernel32.dll" right? Check if any of these apply but they may not:

http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/erriexpl.htm#ERRKERNEL32.DLL

EDIT: Have you recieved the error after running Ad-aware? If not deleting what you did with Ad-aware may have taken care of the problem.

[Edited by Kento on 08-09-2001 at 03:42 PM]

daybo

my resources are good. i only would get the error message when online. sometimes after an hour and sometimes after 15 minutes. but i have not gotten the error message since i ran ad-aware. no i dont have a gator installed. thanx for responding so quickly.

daybo

It seems i get the error message maybe 30min to an hour into surfing the web. then its like dominoes. until i restart the cpu. i looked at the website that kento suggested but only entry fit the desription, and that link was not working. ran ad-ware, trojan remover, f-prot. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Running win98. Started about 1 week ago. Downloaded ad-ware (3 files deleted yesterday) also ran virus scan and nothing found. Not sure what to do now. It's only been happening when I visit this one website. Here is error I'm getting: (p.s. ignore the AOL part of this-lol-I know how u all feel about it)
WAOL caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0167:bff7a388.
Registers:
EAX=e22443c7 CS=0167 EIP=bff7a388 EFLGS=00010212
EBX=00001014 SS=016f ESP=0340fcb8 EBP=0340fcdc
ECX=eed6d6a7 DS=016f ESI=04d19420 FS=13b7
EDX=c140cfd0 ES=016f EDI=05795f7c GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:

It doesn't always have WAOL in front of it. I have tried reinstalling aol, but that hasn't worked either. Any other suggestions? Thanks much!

daybo

i have done everything i know to do but to no avail.
error message reads:

AppName: iexplore.exe
ModVer: 4.90.0.3000

AppVer: 6.0.2462.0 ModName: kernel32.dll
Offset: 0000a285

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online