Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kernel32

646 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  WhitPhil 
#1 ·
hello, I have WindowsME (Don't laugh...I know it sux) the problem I am having, is BLUE screening on a regular basis with an error message that reads:
"Kernel32 caused a general protection fault in Module KRNL386.exe at 0001:000075a8" I'm staring to get frustrated with WinME and this constant problem. I need HELP!!! as you can see from my login name, I am a true computer virgin....so go easy on me, you computer gu-ru's. Walk me through this problem. Thanx for your help.

#3 ·
Hey WhitPhil, thanx for the info. I went to that site and it told me that I had 22 files infected to include viruses, worms and Trojans. It deleted all the viruses, etc., except the following 6:

C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0075405.CPY'
C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0091790.CPY'
C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0091792.CPY'
C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0091806.CPY'

C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS347.CAB'
C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVE\FS348.CAB'

When I went to manually delete the following files, it said that it could not delete the files because they were currently in use. After I logged off, I went to my Search File/Folders function....and the computer couln't find them.

What should I do now?????

thanx

#4 ·
The files that you are seeing are in your System Restore folder. To get rid of them, you need to disable and then re-enable it.
This site shows you how.

Now, if you ARE running an antivirus program, you are NOT updating the definitions on a regular basis.
If you are NOT running one, it's time to invest in one. This virus/trojan could have been a destructive one and done serious damage to your files.

This is a freeone.
Set it up, so that it is always active and ensure that either the updates are automatic, or you are manually doing it on a weekly basis.

#5 ·
WhitPhil, I did exactly as the Symantec advised to do it. I disabled the Restore Folder. I then went back to the original site(Trend Micro) and rescanned my computer...it says there were no viruses detected.

Those files that I listed in my last post never showed up on the virus scan, but I never deleted them.....won't they show up once I Enable the System Restore? If I didn't delete them, and the virus scan didnt locate them...where did they go?????

thanx

#8 ·
Start a new post.
There is no "generic" blue screen. Each has an error message and it is important to note the context exactly, as well as when it happens.

Now that you have got rid of the virus/trojan, maybe you are now Spyware infected.
Download and run SpyBot and if it doesn't help, create a new post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.