1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Key board troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SeaChelle, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaChelle

SeaChelle Thread Starter

Hello, I want to ask about my key board, I am english 100% and seem to have a key board that has weird letters (ascii) my question mark is this É
    my forward slash is é
    my straight line beside back slach is this À
    back slash is à
    shift 6 is ?
    plus many other weird letters, how do I fix this issue, I have tried things such as in the control panel...keyboard
    I run a windows XP home edition and any other info is
    Model# S4200NX
    Product# DF215A-ABA
    Serial# MXK3240J92
    Software Build# 33NAheRED4
    Hardware BOM# 0n4141110
    Software BOM# NA21
    Service ID# 080-103

2. Annorax

Annorax

Mine actually does something similar. After a while, sometimes if I press alot of keys at once, it will mess up certain keys. The only way I've found to fix it is to restart. I'm using a very old Dell keyboard though, so it's probably just getting old.

Do you have another keyboard to test out with?

3. SeaChelle

SeaChelle Thread Starter

yes and it has done the same thing, ya know I just bought a whole new entire system, and as soon as we got it plugged in and set up it was like this, my old one was the same before I bought this one

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice