1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

key pad not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shubh13, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shubh13

shubh13 Thread Starter

hi,
    can i know how to make the key pad of laptop work. i have a HP laptop which i bought from UK but now i m in india and the people at the HP service center say that as it is a UK model so they don't have the spare parts here in india, plus my laptop model is not been launched in india, so can u tell me how to make my key pad work.
    thanks

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What exactly do you mean by 'key pad' ? The whole keyboard ? What model laptop is it ?

3. shubh13

shubh13 Thread Starter

key pad means where there are alphabets, numbers and function key that part of key board not working , touch pad is working. and the models is HP G61.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Check the keyboard cable is correctly connected using this guide :- http://www.insidemylaptop.com/replace-keyboard-compaq-presario-cq61-hp-g61/
    I would disconnect the cable then put it back carefully.

If that doesn't help try an external Usb keyboard, if it works ok then I think you need a new laptop keyboard.

A UK keyboard could be hard to find but you can use a US one instead. Have a look on Ebay, there are some US ones there that will deliver to India, here's one :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Lapto...eplacement_Keyboards&hash=item4d07172586#shId

5. shubh13

shubh13 Thread Starter

thanks.. for your help. let me see if i can manage to do it on my own

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, good luck with it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice