1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

key pad

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raymondvega, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raymondvega

raymondvega Thread Starter

I need your help I have a dell studio 1737 laptop I when to replace the key pad and when I did I broke the tab piece of plastic that hold the ribbon in place to the mother broad (it the little piece)I need to know were I can get it or how to fix it some one told me to glue it or to put a piece of cardbroad to hold it in place I need you help I try all the repair store in my town on luck and wont tell me were I can get the piece they said I need an old mother broad :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Take a close look at the remainder of the connector to see if has any kind of manufacturer's name or symbol. If you are lucky you may be able to remove any remnants of the old locking tab and replace it with a carefully removed locking tab from a new connector. If you can Identify the connector you may be able to purchase a few new ones from the manufacturer's stocking distributor in your country.

By the way, you posted your computer hardware problem in this web site's Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related) forum. I will ask a moderator to move it to a more appropriate forum for you.

EDIT: You most likely would not be able to purchase just the locking tab from Dell or anyone else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice