1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard and Envelopes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Sarah Collins, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sarah Collins

Sarah Collins Thread Starter

Thanks Doyce for answering my question. I do have a few more questions though.
    1. With Windows 95-Outlook Express Version 5- what would cause the process of typing off of keyboard and backspacing be delayed? In other words, when I am typing in my e-mail on the monitor it doesn't show my type as soon as I am typing, there is some delay in it.
    2. Also, in my word when I am creating an envelope, the delivery address of the previous address that I may have typed keeps coming up. How can I prevent this from coming up. I want to keep my return address the same, which is no problem, but the delivery address, is what I need to know about.
    And finally,
    3. In outlook express, on the toolbar icons, is there a way I can take send/receive out and just have send?
    Thanks, awaiting reply.
    Sarah Collins

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

1. I would suggest a good cleaning first. In IE, click on tools>internet options>general tab>clear history>yes>delete files>ok. If you arent concerned with cookies and dont mind re-signing back up where ever you have passwords, you can can click settings>view files>edit>select all>files>delete.

2. Dont know a thing about word.

3. I dont understand why you would want to separate send/receive. It is not possible to separate the two, to my knowledge, but, you can click tools>send/receive>select the option you want. The send receive just sends what you have waiting in the outbox and downloads what may be waiting for you on the server instead of waiting for the time it is suppose to check.

Hope this helps? :)

Some others here can do the #2.

3. Sarah Collins

Sarah Collins Thread Starter

I understand about the cleaning but do you have any suggestions for Outlook Express with the keyboarding problem? I read what you wrote about the IE and understand that it would delete some of the files and give more free space, right? But what about Outlook Express, typing slow.......
    Sarah

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

It would generally have the same effect on OE as it does IE. Follow it up with a scandisc and defrag. This should solve it. If not, then you may need to compact some folders.

5. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

I'll take a stab at 1 & 2. Years ago, I had a problem with OE not keeping up with my typing (which is pretty rapid). Had same difficulty in Word and Works. It turned out that I was a little low on resources, and when I added more RAM, the problem went away. Right click on My Computer, go to Properties and then Performance. It will show how much RAM you have and also the % of system resources free. Toward the bottom of that screen it should say your system is configured for optimal performance. If it isn't, then you need to work on that.

Re envelopes in Word. Are you creating a single envelope or a batch? Either way, Word tends to store the last one you created when you Save. The only way to Save without filling in the addressee would be to delete that information and THEN Save. When you go to Tools/Envelopes & Labels, you probably see the last addressee there. Just go ahead and type in the new one, which you would have to do anyway.

I don't do envelopes, but I do a lot of address labels using Mail Merge for the N&A listing.:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!