Keyboard and Mouse delayed response on screen

Ovivtopher

Running Win10 on an HP desktop, info below. Computer is about 3 yrs old. Recently, what I see on screen is not keeping up with my typing or with mouse movements. I can be 10 words or so ahead of what is showing on screen when I am typing. I move the mouse to a link or selection on the taskbar, tabs, or start menu and it takes a second or two to turn from an arrow into a hand selector allowing me to click and go. This occurs whenever I am working online or in the cloud. I have run Avast virus, Malware Bytes, CCleaner including cleaning the registry. I also have changed out the keyboard. Memory running at about 47% with Chrome only open app/program. Other ideas?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190905214820.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 910 GB (725 GB Free); D: 19 GB (2 GB Free); F: 1863 GB (915 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 2B2C, ver 1.01, s/n 1234567890123456
System: AMI, ver HPQOEM - 1072009, s/n MXX5291494
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK, to confirm you have a HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-047c, which will be 4 years old in September.

It could be that the computer components is showing it's age, but I suspect the hard drive is the culprit, since it's a mechanical drive. HP has a program called Support Assist that may be able to help.

Do you know what is the make of the hard drive?

Ovivtopher

The hardrive is a Toshiba DT01ACA100. "It is working properly." I will look into Support Assist. Thank you Couriant James!

Ovivtopher

Ok, did the HP Support tests - all passed. This included the System Fast Test and the more complete System Extensive Test (which took hours!) - Long Drive Self-Test, Disk Read Test, Video Extended Memory Test, IRQ Test, Wireless IRQ Test, ROM Test, Wireless ROM Test, CPU Stress Test. And, nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Ovivtopher

Lag time is back big time. Not just keyboard and mouse response lag, everything takes time. When I am using Microsoft office and a lag occurs, the message at the top window bar shows Not Responding for the few seconds it lags. It seems everything is not responding at one time or another. I just typed the sentence previously and it didn't show up until I was done. Doesn't matter what browser I am on or what app I am using. I am wondering if I should purchase the full AVAST product or CC Cleaner. I have run them both using the free versions. Or, is it time for a new system? Suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online