1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Midnight55, Sep 15, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Midnight55

Midnight55 Thread Starter

My keyboard and mouse just stopped working on my windows 10 desktop some people have told me that the drivers where lost others said it was broke but I really don't know how to fix so if you know how to fix or had the same problem please let me know the best way to fix it thank you

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Is this a wired keyboard or wireless?
    Does your keyboard work in the bios?
    Have you tried different usb ports?

3. Midnight55

It is a wired keyboard and I have tried all of the USB ports and also when I unplup them and replug hem into the usb ports they light up but the t just goes out and won't let me use the keyboard or the mouse and they both work fine on a different computer

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You have not answered. Can you access the bios with your current keyboard?

5. Midnight55

No I cannot enter the bois with the keyboard or any other kryboard

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Most likely your usb port failed. Try your keyboard on another system. If it works there, you know the usb port failed.
    On lower end motherboards and just about all big box systems ie dell, hp, etc, the usb ports have a single fuse. On high end motherboards, multiple fuses are used.

Fellipe likes this.
  7. Midnight55

Is it expensive to get the USB ports fixed

8. Midnight55

And also i have other things like a mic and some other stuff pluged into the usb ports and they seem to be working fine

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If the keyboard/mouse work on other systems, then your usb ports have most likely failed [given that your keyboard does not work in the bios]
    Generally you do not fix a blown fuse on a motherboard since it would cost quite a bit to have an electronics shop fix it for you.

Are you able to boot the system with a bootable usb ie windows install, linux live, etc? If so, does your keyboard work then?

10. Midnight55

Today I could finally get into the Asus bios mode for my computer but other that that I don't know what to to.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice