Keyboard and Mouse Don't Work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Midnight55

My keyboard and mouse just stopped working on my windows 10 desktop some people have told me that the drivers where lost others said it was broke but I really don't know how to fix so if you know how to fix or had the same problem please let me know the best way to fix it thank you

crjdriver

Is this a wired keyboard or wireless?
Does your keyboard work in the bios?
Have you tried different usb ports?

Midnight55

Is this a wired keyboard or wireless?
Does your keyboard work in the bios?
Have you tried different usb ports?
It is a wired keyboard and I have tried all of the USB ports and also when I unplup them and replug hem into the usb ports they light up but the t just goes out and won't let me use the keyboard or the mouse and they both work fine on a different computer

crjdriver

You have not answered. Can you access the bios with your current keyboard?

crjdriver

Most likely your usb port failed. Try your keyboard on another system. If it works there, you know the usb port failed.
On lower end motherboards and just about all big box systems ie dell, hp, etc, the usb ports have a single fuse. On high end motherboards, multiple fuses are used.

Midnight55

And also i have other things like a mic and some other stuff pluged into the usb ports and they seem to be working fine

crjdriver

If the keyboard/mouse work on other systems, then your usb ports have most likely failed [given that your keyboard does not work in the bios]
Generally you do not fix a blown fuse on a motherboard since it would cost quite a bit to have an electronics shop fix it for you.

Are you able to boot the system with a bootable usb ie windows install, linux live, etc? If so, does your keyboard work then?

Midnight55

Today I could finally get into the Asus bios mode for my computer but other that that I don't know what to to.

First Name
Jim
Was the mouse and keyboarding working in the BIOS?

If so, try booting into Safe Mode.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online