Keyboard and Mouse Errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stryker23

On a compaq presario the mouse and keyboard that came with it, both ps2, only partially function some of the time. At first they both wouldn't boot. Then I unplugged the mouse and the keyboard would work. I then plugged the mouse back in, and they both would work, but the cursor moved sporadically when i tried to use the mouse, and then the system speaker would beep and both the mouse and keyboard would stop working. Would could be causing this problem? I don't understand why the system speaker beeps or why a problem with the mouse could affect the keyboad. Can anyone help?

stryker23

Appears just using a new mouse fixed the problem. I guess it was a wasted post. I just didn't understand how a malfunctioning mouse could affect the keyboard and make the computer freeze up.

Thanks anyways...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts