Keyboard and mouse lockup upon keyboard input

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mattva01

Basically I have a dell 4600
Keyboard works in bios but any input after xp bootup causes lockup(movies and other things will still run but i just cant move mouse)
Iv tried replacing kbdclass and i8042prt from an identical comp but no dice.
Norton Av came up negative. I also cannot sytem restore to a date before keyboard failed. Keyboard also does not so up in safe mode.
Anything i can do?

Any event viewer messages? May help to narrow down the problem if you have some. check System Log more than likely this is where it would be found.

mattva01

nvm

It says i8042 failed twice but i think thats when i got windows to replace it
I continually get 2 warning that say "TraceLevel parameter not located in registry; Default trace level used is 32." the other one is similar.source isEvntAgnt

*realized these are default messages

Attachments

mattva01

Please for the love of christmas!
Actualyy is there any way to check why system restore is failing?

mattva01

yes a ps2 wired

Iv tried 3 oter keyboards
btw im using onscreen keyboard so sorry boutspelling

Was the keyboard and mouse in a working state and suddenly stopped working? or had you removed them for some reason.

As you have tried other keyboards and mice and they are recognized in bios and post I would asume its a problem within windows itself, If you have the orignal XP disc I would try a repair of windows

mattva01

It doest work when i boot to install disk.
Also freezes, only place it works is in bios

If it works in bios can you change the boot sequence to cdrom to load windows?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts