Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyboard and mouse not working with w2k

930 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Max19 
#1 ·
Please help! I changed my keyboard from the generic ps2 to orteck (which is my brand of keyboard) I prompted windows to go out and check for an updated driver. It was not digitally signitured. I said go for it and when I rebooted I have keybord in dos but not in gui mode. I also lost my ps2 mouse. I am running window 2k and tried last known configuration. I have tried using a serial mouse, I have tried using a serial connection to the keyboard, I have tried using a usb mouse but cannot configure it in windows. Please does anyone know what to do. I have tried connecting to a hub but cannot get into the pc with my laptop because nothing is configured. Will Windows repair work? Is there a way to put different drivers into Dos?
I am out of my mind!!

P.S. I also do not have an erd.

#2 ·
I think all you have to do is go to system properties & find keyboards & delete anything thats there. ... reboot & let windows Plug & Play it in.

I may be wrong but its worth a try

Did you get a disk w/ it?

Savvy :)

#4 ·
Are you on another computer?

this is out of my reach as well. Someone else should be more able to help you .

Sorry,

Savvy :(

#6 ·
Max does this mean formatting the drive or is there a way to just reinstall the os? It will clear current mouse settings? I can connect to a hub and use computer management to see my problem pc. Unfortunately w2k opens device manager in read only formatt!!

UGGGHHHH!!!!

gina

#7 ·
I don't know what effect reinstalling Windows 2000 over the top has on a computer. I don't even know if it will work. I definitely don't know if it will fix your problem. Formatting and reinstalling will fix your problem.

Maybe someone else here has some more info for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.