1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard and mouse problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KEVIN L., Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KEVIN L.

KEVIN L. Thread Starter

What would cause the computer to show no keyboard or mouse?
    Even when I restarted the computer the same message returns. I have tried to switch the keyboard and the mouse and still have the same problem.

2. mantisimo

mantisimo

ps2 port might be bad.

3. barnyard

barnyard

hi kevin
    Have the same problem......how do you check port? tried plugging into serial port.....still did not detect either of them....can not use the computer.........

4. deuce

deuce

How many serials do you have? If you can't get the mouse and keyboard to work in the PS/2 it might be bad and a simple solution could be to use a serial mouse and keyboard... if you can afford to give up serials.. also IBM I think makes serial Y-spliters... but I haven't used them so I don't know how they work. (I don't exactly know... maybe there is another solution?) I usually advise against serial mice and keyboards, but it looks as if you might not have too many options. If you don't use serials, you might want to try it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice