keyboard and mouse problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KEVIN L.

What would cause the computer to show no keyboard or mouse?
Even when I restarted the computer the same message returns. I have tried to switch the keyboard and the mouse and still have the same problem.

hi kevin
Have the same problem......how do you check port? tried plugging into serial port.....still did not detect either of them....can not use the computer.........

How many serials do you have? If you can't get the mouse and keyboard to work in the PS/2 it might be bad and a simple solution could be to use a serial mouse and keyboard... if you can afford to give up serials.. also IBM I think makes serial Y-spliters... but I haven't used them so I don't know how they work. (I don't exactly know... maybe there is another solution?) I usually advise against serial mice and keyboards, but it looks as if you might not have too many options. If you don't use serials, you might want to try it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts