1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard and mouse roblems after uninstalling nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dano151, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dano151

dano151 Thread Starter

Hi, I recently downloaded the new Nvidia drivers, before installing however I uninstalled ALL previous Nvidia drivers, (i was using 175.19) when asked to restart i did so, and on booting up the windows logo stayed on for a much longer time than usual, at the welcome screen i get a beep from my PC and a message saying that since windows was installed on this computer, the hardware has changed dramaticly, and that i need to reactivate within 3 days with a yes/no button however, my keyboard and mouse do not respond, i was using a wireless USB keyboard and thought this may be the problem, since then i have tried 2 PS2 keyboards and 2 PS2 mice and still recieve the same problem, i CAN enter setup, but as soon as the windows logo appears the keyboard stops responding (i can tell this by pressing caps lock over and over again to make the light flash, but this stops when the logo appears) I have tried entering safe mode, but again the mouse and keyboard stop responding, i had no problems with them before this. I figured this is more of a windows problem rather than nvidia...? PC is pretty much just used for games, and I have all the CD's, so if I have to lose data to fix this it's not such a big problem.

I am usuing windows XP professional, service pack 3
    Specs are:
    AMD athlon 64 dual core 6000+
    XFX nvidia 8600GT 512mb
    ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard
    2GB RAM
    Can't remember the name of the HDD, but it's 400GB

Any help at all would be VERY much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance, Dan.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice