1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard and mouse won’t work out of bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Frankgallun, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frankgallun

Frankgallun Thread Starter

I bought all new components except from the hard drive as it already had windows installed on it, I replaced all the parts booted to bios with everything working fine however once windows had booted my keyboard and mouse became ‘dead’ in the sense they were powered but the led’s didn’t show and they weren’t receiving any inputs despite working fine in the bios. Any suggestions?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Try using the old keyboard and mouse, chances are you don't have the correct drivers for the new ones.

3. Frankgallun

Frankgallun Thread Starter

The keyboard and mouse weren’t new, I switched the keyboard for an older one to see if the issue was with the keyboard and the same thing happened

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok please list the old and new components then.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Unless you follow the procedure outlined at the top of the forum, this is almost always going to fail. You cannot take a windows install, change major hardware and expect it to work; not going to happen unless you do the steps in the guide. Even doing all of the steps, you will have to activate windows. If this windows install was from a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, you are going to need a new windows lic. If this was a full retail ver of windows, you can install that as many times as you want as long as it is installed on only one system at a time.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice