1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by seejay, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. seejay

seejay Thread Starter

I recently reset my computer in windows 10. It reset and also updated windows 10 after the reboot the keyboard and mouse were not recognized. Somewhere durning the resetting proccess something happen with the drivers. I've unplug the computer and remove the battery thinking that would reset Bios and maybe it would recognize the keyboard and mouse but nothing changed. If i was able to get access to device manager maybe I could solve the problem. Is there anything I can do to get my keyboard and mouse to work. The computer is a Dell inspiron 537s 32 bit windows 10 operating system

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    if the mouse and keyboard were fine earlier try a PS/2 keyboard and mouse, (if available). if not, a small adapter can help to turn a usb into the round plug old type connection
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/ps2-usb-keyboard-adapter

this will allow access when going into the os to uninstall the drivers and let windows reinstall them. or to visit Dell support to check for driver downloads for the devices.

post back with make of the mouse and keyboard

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  4. seejay

seejay Thread Starter

Windows 10 was free so I don't have a disc and the keyboard and mouse stop working after booting

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Windows 10 ISO to create bootable DVD or USB stick can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

F8 is pressed before any Windows drivers or services start so it should work at that point. Since you have a Dell you should also be able to press F2 or F10 to access the BIOS setup or BIOS Menu, that is complete unrelated to Windows. F12 may also bring up a Dell diagnostics.

6. seejay

seejay Thread Starter

Thanks Triple6, I was able reinstall the program

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice