1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard and touchpad disabled after BIOS?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Tomo8281, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomo8281

Tomo8281 Thread Starter

Hi,
    Trying to fix my sisters Dell Inspiron 1520. Its not the best kept laptop, i had a couple of viruses on it but nothing massively serious. The problem is, is that the touchpad and keyboard are disabled when the vista login screen comes up. They work perfectly in the BIOS etc and the FN keys work (e.g. i can turn brightness up and down) but nothing else does. Cant move the cursor and the keyboard wont type anything. I've tried everything i can think of, safemode doesnt work, using f8 and selecting last working settings doesnt work either. I've FN'd + every key in the laptop to make sure it wasnt accidently hiddenly locked. Cant unlock it :(

Anyone have any advice?

2. Tomo8281

Tomo8281 Thread Starter

Managed to get the touchpad working. Found an old mouse plugged it in and used on screen keyboard to login. Went to device manager and unistalled keyboard + touchpad drivers. It reinstalled automaticly, so touchpad works but keyboard doesnt!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice