Keyboard and Touchpad not working in safe mode?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

misfit1990

Hello all, I have a problem with my laptop. As you can see in the title, the keyboard and touch pad do not work in safe mode. However, they both work when I start up my laptop normally. I just want to get into safe mode to scan and fix errors.
It has been like that for a while now, I have been researching about it, but I can't find anything that might help my situation.
USB keyboard and mouse help, but I don't want to plug them in every time I want to go on safe mode. I don't know how to fix it.
I must warn you, that I know nothing about computers. I am running Windows Vista, if that helps. I don't know what to put up exactly. :confused:. So if you could help me, tell me what to put up, if you want more details about my system, It would help if you could tell me where I could find more specific details about my computer. Forgive me, If I sound stupid, lol. :eek:
Thanks for reading. :p

Dell Vostro 1510

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 223434 MB, Free - 104422 MB; D: Total - 14999 MB, Free - 10336 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0M277C
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

misfit1990

Ok, thank you for that. My laptop is Dell Vostro 1510
Here is what it says.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 223434 MB, Free - 104422 MB; D: Total - 14999 MB, Free - 10336 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0M277C
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online