Keyboard arrow keys acting POSSESSED!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mgoblue424

Hi! I am new to the boards. I seem to have a rather odd problem. I have an HP zv6203 Notebook computer, about one month old. Everything has been zipping along- no problems. Until now. When I start to use arrow keys [>] and [<] to navigate in text documents like WORD or a web email program, it starts spitting out seemingly random numbers. And I just started to notice somethiing with the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN buttons beginning to do this as well.

I contacted HP support, and was told to delete the driver and reboot, but the problem still persists. I've also rolled back the computer using SYSTEM RESTORE twice, to no avail. Now they say to re-install the OS. If not that, then it's a hardware problem and to send it back.

Of course, I got it at Sams Club, which has a ridiculously long return policy (six months!), but I actually do like this computer. It's just this is annoying as hell, and I am sick of putting up with it.

Thanks for anyone able to help and/or even knows what would cause this. You would think a keyboard would be one of the MOST reliable components to a computer.....

And no, nothing spilled inside the system.

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online