1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard buttons are typing wrong letters/symbols

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mr. Waffles, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Waffles

Mr. Waffles Thread Starter

Ok, so I had Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2, but I wanted Professional because I heard it takes advantage of the dual core thing when Home doesn't, so I installed Windows XP Professional Media Center Edition 2005 and then upgraded to Service Pack 2. I didn't do anything on the computer before upgrading to Service pack 2, except register the computer and things, which I found out my problem. When entering my Email, instead of the @ sign coming up, the " sign came up.. here is a list of the keys that shouldn't be coming out when the button(s) is/are pressed(Note, I have an American Keyboard and an American copy of Windows):

Shift+2="
    Shift+3=£
    Shift+`=¬
    Shift+'[email protected]
    Not this / but the other slash=#
    Shift+Not this / but the other slash=~

Is there anything known to fix this? Because this is getting very annoying, and I just want my keyboard to be normal lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance,
    -Mr. Waffles

2. Mr. Waffles

Mr. Waffles Thread Starter

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

3. tony007

tony007 Banned

Have you tried going to Control Panel> Regional and Language Options> Language tab> Details Button and setting the language to English(United Kingdom) by selecting Add and then selecting English(united Kingdom)? Or you can remove english uk or english usa.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice