1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard cannot load driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yelwen, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yelwen

yelwen Thread Starter

My Microsoft USB Dual Receiver wireless keyboard (IntelliTypePro) Devise Manager - Devise Status says " Windows cannot load the device driver for his hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (Code39) I uninstalled the hardware and software/ download the InteliTypePro software again, installed it and I still get the same message So I ran a through scan and found a couple of virus',a 'Win32 Trojan-gen" "Win 32 Fraud Tool-Bn", "Win32[Tr], spyware etc. and Avast removed all that... I still keep getting a spyware message that says again..I uninstalled the hardware and software/ download the InteliTypePro software again, installed it and I still get the same message... The trouble shooter will not load, nor will system tools, or help files. What should I do to get this working?

2. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar

You could try disconnecting from the internet, shutting down avast, then installing the software with device manager instead of just clicking on the executable.

If you really want this virus etc removed, and avast can't remove it, I'd suggest either posting a hijack this log for someone in security forum section or reinstalling the operating system

3. jazz3000

jazz3000

It really sounds like you need to reinstall your OS and start all over again, if that's possible. It sounds like you may have more than than roaming around the system and it needs to be cleaned out. Jazz

4. yelwen

yelwen Thread Starter

I did try the disconnect from the internet plan... it didn't fix the problem, but any good ideas for a quick fix were much appreciated...

I'd pretty much resigned myself to the idea that a complete reinstall of the OS was going to be the best resolution of the problem, thanks for confirming that. So, for now I'll just use the laptop until I have time to work on the other one... unless Santa see just how good I've been and points me in the direction of a great buy on a replacement for it (it's really old)!

Thanks again,
    Yelwen

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice