1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard crashes certain programs

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zetriax, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zetriax

Zetriax Thread Starter

I have an MSI A6300 with Windows 7 on it. I've had it for almost 2 years.
    Whenever I use the keyboard in certain programs like windows explorer and some games, the progam crashes. Not all programs are like this, only certain ones. I can still use my mouse though.
    How should I fix this? Is it time to reinstall Windows?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    First attach an external keyboard and post if the problems remain. That will help determine if the problem is hardware (inbuilt keyboard) or software.

When the programs crash do you get a BSOD? If so, post the alpha-numeric string in front of the parentheses.

3. Zetriax

Zetriax Thread Starter

Yes, it still crashes with an xternal keyboard. The only message that pops up when it crashes is this:[​IMG]
    (This is not an actual screenshot from my computer)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice