Keyboard crashes certain programs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zetriax

I have an MSI A6300 with Windows 7 on it. I've had it for almost 2 years.
Whenever I use the keyboard in certain programs like windows explorer and some games, the progam crashes. Not all programs are like this, only certain ones. I can still use my mouse though.
How should I fix this? Is it time to reinstall Windows?

plodr

Liz
First attach an external keyboard and post if the problems remain. That will help determine if the problem is hardware (inbuilt keyboard) or software.

When the programs crash do you get a BSOD? If so, post the alpha-numeric string in front of the parentheses.

Zetriax

Yes, it still crashes with an xternal keyboard. The only message that pops up when it crashes is this:

(This is not an actual screenshot from my computer)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts