Keyboard demons (Possible HJT issue) *Mod note

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hambone

Running XP-Home, installed SP-2, wireless keyboard to USB.

Of late (probably since downloading SP2) my keyboard has been intermitently (sp?) chapping my arse. Occassionally a key won't work, then after multiple strikes, fires off 10 of the character. It was unbearable to the point that I invested a couple hours with Dell tech support, tried a PS2 keyboard, etc. They finally coughed up a new wireless one. It seemed to work, but today more of the same, albeit to a lesser degree. I checked the USBs via the F12 diagnostic mode and didn't receive notice of an issue (not that I would have recognized the issue).

Any ideas? I read another thread about corrupt drivers (I hope not as bad as Ted Kennedy), Trojans, and spyware. Norton scans almost daily and is up to date - no noted viral issues. THe last spyware I ran caused me some other pains, so have been reluctant to go back to that. All I want is to get my work done, play a little golf, and go quietly into the night.

Your help is much appreciated in advance (who ever you are)

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
So did you do a scan for spyware and/or Adware?

hambone

I have not scanned specifically for spyware or adware, unless Norton Internet Security/Antivirus does so in the course of a scan.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
hambone said:
I have not scanned specifically for spyware or adware, unless Norton Internet Security/Antivirus does so in the course of a scan.

I am going to move you to security and let someone there run your through those processes! ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online