1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Does not want to use left Shift or Control

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by usespace, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usespace

usespace Thread Starter

So here is the situation, everything seems to be working fine at first on my laptop keyboard as it has for about 6 months. However recently my down key broke, so I got a program that allows you to remap keys to other keys. So I remapped my down to key to my page down key, which is very close to it and it was working fine for a day.

But now I find that 2 keyboard commands don't work. When I am holding left shift the right arrow key doesn't work, and when I'm holding left control the left arrow key doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's related to the program I downloaded and I don't think it is but I thought I'd mention it. I've fought with google search results and my computer for 2 hrs and this is frustrating. Never had this problem before. Individualy each key still works fine, but LSHIFT + --> Doesnt work and LCTRL + <-- doesn't either. THIS SUCKs. Please help :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005887

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice