Keyboard does not work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LynaL

Hi my Asus s510u laptop's keyboard isn't working. First, my laptop couldn't turn on. I tried pressing down the power button but nothing happened and so I removed the battery and placed it back inside. My laptop now can turn on but only if my charger is plugged on. Now that my laptop is up and running, another problem came up and my keyboard no longer works. I uninstalled the keyboard and installed it. I updated my computer, went to task schedule, ease access, control panel, and I did whatever I could find on the internet but my keyboard still does not work. I even factory resetted my laptop and the keyboard does not work. I think this happened when I opened my laptop to take the battery out but nothing else was touched and everything looks intact.

Attachments

plodr

Liz
Does the touchpad work?

Workaround: attach a USB keyboard to be able to do anything.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online