1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard doesn't work at the one time it needs to

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timmyboy, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timmyboy

timmyboy Thread Starter

Hi y'all,

I have an unsolved problem re: burning, so I've resorted to formatting a partition of my hdd. UNFORTUNATELY, when try, it starts to go pear shaped.

I throw the xp cd in, and restart my comp, with boot priority given to the cd drive.

It then comes up 'press any key to boot from cd'. It is THEN, that my logitech elite (corded) keyboard decides not to respond to keystrokes.
    So, inevitably, it boots up windows from my hdd and I cannot format (I'm trying to format my OS drive).

It's really odd, that it responds to del, when i want 2 enter BIOS, but a few seconds later, it won't respond even to smashing my face against every key possible (well, okay I exaggerate, but it's almost getting to that stage).

Is it something where the logitech itouch drivers go for a cigarette break for a second or two? or am i just plain screwed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and met with unlimited praise! (almost)

2. qldit

qldit

G'day timmyboy, get a PS/2 type keyboard from somewhere and you should have no problem.
    Cheers, qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/411224

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice