Keyboard doesn't work at the one time it needs to

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timmyboy

Hi y'all,

I have an unsolved problem re: burning, so I've resorted to formatting a partition of my hdd. UNFORTUNATELY, when try, it starts to go pear shaped.

I throw the xp cd in, and restart my comp, with boot priority given to the cd drive.

It then comes up 'press any key to boot from cd'. It is THEN, that my logitech elite (corded) keyboard decides not to respond to keystrokes.
So, inevitably, it boots up windows from my hdd and I cannot format (I'm trying to format my OS drive).

It's really odd, that it responds to del, when i want 2 enter BIOS, but a few seconds later, it won't respond even to smashing my face against every key possible (well, okay I exaggerate, but it's almost getting to that stage).

Is it something where the logitech itouch drivers go for a cigarette break for a second or two? or am i just plain screwed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and met with unlimited praise! (almost)

G'day timmyboy, get a PS/2 type keyboard from somewhere and you should have no problem.
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online