1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard doesn't work right

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by markusw0207, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markusw0207

markusw0207 Thread Starter

Using Windows 8, I have discovered that the shift key doesn't work. I have to use cap's lock. Every time I click the cap's lock, an ' appears. I have to delete that before typing my capital word. Without shift, I can't make many important punctuation marks like the exclamation point and the
    question mark. Using an on screen keyboard works, but it's so hard to move your mouse to click each letter. Also, the control key doesn't work. Earlier, whenever I typed the space, a space and a zero appeared. And now space works, but zero doesn't. Whenever I type zero, it become an 0. Not to mention that when I type one, 31 comes up, and when I type three, 31 comes up, too. Also, when I search something online, or save a PowerPoint, or anything else, it will bring something else up. For example, I want to search Mario online, before I can type ma, https://mail.go... comes up and I have to delete everything but the m and the a and start typing again. This started today, though I didn't download anything in the past week besides using http://www.youtube..., which is used by many others. I tried describing every problem to the best I could, and painfully typed with all the problems, so I hope someone answers. :) Please feel free to ask me
    questions. Please elaborate with both
    questions and answers. I will re-post this tomorrow if nobody answers or solves the problem. And then continue posting this every hour.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  2. markusw0207

NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THIS BEFORE

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Try a different keyboard.

Do not start multiple threads on the same topic. You are encouraged to bump your thread if no reply for a day.

4. markusw0207

How do I try a different keyboard if mine is attached to the laptop already

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Most external keyboards made in the last half dozen or so years connect via USB or Bluetooth.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1155771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice