1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard driver on laptop..internal damage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ataririot3, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ataririot3

ataririot3 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I have a dell inspiron 600m laptop that I got 4yrs ago. However, being in college, there has been beer and water spilled on it a few times. It was being weird at first, bringing up random boxes like narrator, but I let it dry out and now use an attached keyboard instead of the laptop one (I never take it anywhere anyways), and it seems to have recovered.

However, lately the computer has been messing up, stalling and making that internal 'beep' sound, going back on webpages when I never hit anything, and generally makiing internal mistakes. I am sure that most of it is because of damage to the laptop keyboard itself. Just now it has been backspacing this message - by itself!!!

Is there a way to uninstall the laptop keyboard? Most keys work, but those that are damaged are ruining my browsing and other things. I just want to see if when I uninstall it, the weird things stop happening. There have been no other problems with my computer and no viruses have gotten into it. I am cautious with software..not with hardware though apparently

Also, if i uninstall the laptop keyboard, can I ever get it back?

Thank you!!!

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

3. onsite

onsite

you can also plug a usb desktop KB and / or mouse into the usb ports of your notebook to see if it is the mainboard or the notebook KB.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice