1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard erratic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pawkcm, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pawkcm

pawkcm Thread Starter

What is causing my keyboard or my cursor, to suddenly jump making typing extremely difficult
    I thought it might be my mouse, so I unplugged, and although I was able to type several sentences without issue, when I returned to my email, it started again.
    I noticed this first when typing in FaceBook, but attributed it to my "satellite internet connection" so wasn't as concerned until I tried typing a document when I was offline.
    I cannot determine if any on key is the issue. Seems to be very irregular. Oh yeah, and then it sometimes jumps as if I have hit the tab key or the enter key. The problem became much worse as I am typing this
    HELP

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Best test would be to try a different keyboard and mouse. Then you will know for sure if it's a keyboard/mouse issue or a PC issue.

3. reggie2011

reggie2011 Banned

i just had that same problem i didnt know what happened so i dicided to open her up and take a look
    inside it contained three sheets of mylar type plastic sheets layed on top of one another witch cointained the chip interface for the keys on the mylar i simply opened them apart and got some tissue and wiped them out because it appaerd to be slightly most between the sheets i put it back together and now works fine ..

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If this is a laptop, which I suspect from your specs, and the ATI Mobility Graphics, try disabling the touch pad. Touchpads are located in the most annoying place on laptops, right in the middle of the wrist rest area.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1016471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice