keyboard f5?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rubyangel

Hi :)

I am asking this for a friend of mine. Just bought new keyboard for her puter. It seems that the F5 button dont seem to work. She has brought back that keyboard and it does same thing.
So can anyone help on this plz :confused: .
I am at a loss on what is going on with that to be able to help her. And she is too.
Is it something in her puter doing this because it cant be the keyboard.;)

thanks rubyangel

Are you saying that you have tried 2 keyboards on your friends system and f5 is not functioning on either?

What function are you using f5 for?

rubyangel

Hi

I am a host for a tournament league and some games we have you have to f5 out of the game table. Which is like exiting out.
I have been trying to help this player with this problem she has on using this f5. She keeps pressing it and nothing happens.:confused:
Other players dont seem to be having this problem with this.
So if you have some solution to this problem, we would both appreciate it.

thanks, rubyangel :)

Howdy rubyangel...

What kind of keyboard is it ?

Is by any chance a Microsoft natural multimedia keyboard?

rubyangel

HI
Its just a regular keyboard and she has brought back the new one and exchanged for another one and the F5 still dont work.

thanks -- rubyangel

It seems strange that only one key is affected. The solution may be to change from PS2 to USB ( or vice versa ) PS2 is the small round connection. If it is PS2 it could be a damaged socket - but I would have thought that more than f5 would have been affected.

It may be worth borrowing one to try first.

EDIT

There could be a fault with that batch of keyboards. - Have her borrow a different keyboard from a friend to try.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online