1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard goes dead

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by youngshd, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youngshd

youngshd Thread Starter

Usually while surfing the web with my mouse, the keyboard goes dead. It does not work on or off the internet until I totally shut down and reboot. This did happen once while using my word processor. Restarting the computer doesn't help, only when completely shut down and then reboot will the keyboard work again. I have tried 2 different (new) keyboards, and the problem persists. All connections are solid.

I am running Windows 95 on a CTX 266 computer. Hope someone can help.

Don

2. ratchet

ratchet

youngshd,
    Good move with second keyboard, my first thought.
    How about the driver. If you the 95 setup disk, Go to device manager and remove driver and reboot. Windows will detect new key board and you will be prompted to insert win 95 disk.
    Worth a try?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice