1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard (hardware and software)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Popesture, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popesture

Popesture Thread Starter

Eugh, I've tried to sort this myself for hours however I failed, so hopefully someone has some suggestions. :)

Earlier tonight I was playing a game (Aion) and I opened VLCmedia player when explorer.exe crashed, I assumed this was an unrelated matter and it may be, it hasn't happened before now on this current PC and I've been using it for about a year. I'm quite experienced with computer problems so I'm assuming this was unrelated...

Now this is where you'll all sigh, I spilled a bit of lemonade onto the bottom left of the keyboard, I unplugged it, dried it off and left it for half an hour. I plugged it back in and it was typing fine, until I noticed the P key did not work. The P key brought up a screen saying Monitor only, projector only, split screen and somthing else... Then over 20 minutes more keys started doing random things. Most annoyingly, the L key just straight up locked the computer, and my password contains an L so now I can't log back in... So, I decided to go to a friends and borrow a keyboard, and it has the exact same problem... Still can't log in to see if any stickykeys or something is on, then I remebered the accessibility options on the log in screen so I tried the on screen keyboard...

And the on screen keyboard...

HAS THE SAME PROBLEM

How is this possible? Honestly. Surely something has turned on and is remaining on?

Please help anyone :) Before I reformat this thing.. :(

Dunno if this will help but specs are

Windows 7 32bit
    4gb ram
    Intel 2.5ghz quad core
    Nvidia gt120 graphics card
    was using a standard issue keyboard and friends was too...

2. Popesture

Popesture Thread Starter

Also, I should add the some keys would do random things also, like G minimizing everything, Z opening explorer and Crtl opening Firefox...

I think Alt opened Itunes also.

I swear I'm not making this up..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice