1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by flappy, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flappy

flappy Thread Starter

Need some help please!

Don't know how it happened, but 2 weeks ago my keyboard enter (return) key is acting wierd.
    Every time I use the enter key the last application that I was using opens up.
    I tried everything. Did a restore for a month ago. Ran all my spyware and virus software.
    Looked to see if any of the software had a shortcut applied.
    Went to msconfig and looked at the startup tab.
    But nothing is helping.
    Any ideas or help I would welcome!
    I plugged in a new keyboard and it still happens so I know its not a hardware issue.
    Also the enter key by the numeric keyboard works without opening the last application, but it toggles the cap lock every time I use it.
    I downloaded the Microsoft keyboard creator program but I can't do anything with the ENTER key.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. endfro

endfro

I dont know a ton about non-qwerty keyboards, but maybe your keyboard somehow got set to a keyboard type that is not yours?

I would try going into device manager, uninstall the keyboard you have in there right now, and see what happens when windows auto-detects a new one.

3. flappy

flappy Thread Starter

Tried the uninstall and that did not work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice