1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by robinspain, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robinspain

robinspain Thread Starter

Keyboard Virus
    Hi.
    I have just posted this in the virus section as well, so hope im not breaking any rules.
    I have an Eee Pc netbook, windows xp, dont use it much other than for web etc

I think i have some sort of virus that is effecting the typing

whenever i try and type anything the typing just starts automatiaclly, and randomlly, so i may be about to type the letter m for instance, but then a + sign will appear, and continue, even hitting the delete button, may stop it but let go of the delete button and the typing continues, and dosnt stop..

This was happening on the netbook keyboard, so i tried using an external keyboard and for a few days the external keyboard was fine, but if i tried to use the built in keyboard the problem was still there

anyway the problem is now happening with the external keyboard as well, so i cant do anything. using the mouse is fine, and as long as i dont touch the keyboard all is fine, then touch the keyboard and the typing starts

Im sure its not a sticky keyboard, no interference from anothe keyboard, or anything like that so the only thing i can think of is a virus of some sort. ive ran my AVG and malware but nothing

help.....
    Thanks

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

I have heard that hitting Ctrl+Num Lock will fix the problem.

3. robinspain

robinspain Thread Starter

HI
    Unfortunatley that did not solve the problem, and i fact the issue has got stranger.
    I have attached another keyboard to my note book, to see if that makes any difference. Now the external keyboard continually types the +++++++ and the netbook types the Spanish nnnnnnn, its a spanish netbook.....
    does anyone else have this issue or know of a solution??

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1013292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice