1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkicon, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkicon

Darkicon Thread Starter

I have an old Zboard keyboard from when Ideazon was still manufacturing/distributing them. Last night I spilled just a drop of Coca-Cola into the right-CTRL key from then on some keys, when pressed, would cause mutliple keys to be actuated. For example, pressing the G key would cause G, R and 5 to be actuated and H would cause H, Y and 7. Many keys are doing this and a couple keys just don't work.

This morning I opened it up and cleaned it out. Being a smoker, I had a lot of ash inside my keyboard which mixed with the cola. I cleaned that all out, wiped down the membranes and the domes and cleaned the main connections with isopropyl alcohol. This did not fix the problem.

I've spilled drinks into keyboard before, sometimes the keyboard will flat out short circuit and never work again and sometimes it didn't hurt the keyboard at all. This problem is unique to me.

Anyone know why it's having this problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!