1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kurdz, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurdz

Kurdz Thread Starter

Hi,

Recently on my TOSHIBA Satellite Pro C50 I've been experiencing an issue. Bare in mind it was working fine yesterday before I slept but had problems in the morning.

The keyboard is working fine, its the functioning. Most of the keys input a different character with the desired key.

Ex.

When i press "3" it inputs "d3" and when i press d it also inputs the same thing.
    When i press "." it inputs ".9" and with "9".

I don't know why its doing this, so i wanted to ask if anyones got some ideas on this?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Shut it down and do a cold boot. How is the keyboard?
    To troubleshoot hardware versus software, I usually attach a USB keyboard to see if the behavior is the same or different.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!