1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard keys mixed up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dayk47, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dayk47

dayk47 Thread Starter

Hello im new to this stuff, i was wondering if anyone could help me

i have a samsung r519/r719, and i broke the keyboard on it a while back and started using a external usb

keyboard which broke on me a few days ago, so ive decided to fit an asus x5dc keyboard (just to see if it was

my keyboard that was broke or it was something wrong with my laptop) which does not work properly, all the

keys rather dont work or mixed up

for example
    esc=y
    f3=9
    f11=6
    pgdn=7
    3=2
    4=s
    9=w
    /=n
    -=b
    w=full screen
    e=8
    r=3
    u=#
    f=1
    g=2
    h=f7
    j=h
    l=4
    #=5
    z=t
    b=f
    n=g
    .=right click
    3=shift

now i want to replace my original keyboard but dont if its worth it just incase it does the same, or if its only doing this because its an asus x5dc keyboard, if anyone can help please do.

ow and ive wrote all this using on screen keyboard :D took me a while haha

2. getsugatenso

getsugatenso

because each manufacturer has different hotkeys they have different keyboards, getting the one to your make and Model will ensure you get the right keys out. usb ones are generic/universal
    if you break a piece on a laptop it is meant to be irreplaceable, so either you buy another laptop or pay for it to be repaired with their parts

3. dayk47

dayk47 Thread Starter

could i not just buy abrand new samsung r519 keyboard and fit it my self?

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Yes you could but be warned the ribbon cable is delicate and often they are difficult to fit.

Try Ebay for the keyboard.

5. gurudeb

gurudeb

before buying a new keyboard check with any other keyboard (from friends, neighbours... anyone) to be sure that the problem is associated to keyboard only and not with virus/malware or anything else....

6. dayk47

dayk47 Thread Starter

yes all external keyboards work fine, but id prefer to buy the orginal built in keyboard back, and i am aware how dellicate the ribbon cable is, ive had some experience with them, but thank you for the warning :)

7. dayk47

dayk47 Thread Starter

finally got it working thank everyone for there help

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1006547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice