Keyboard keys not responding Fujitsu Amilo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kernowguy

My Fujitsu Siemens Amilo fujitso seimens laptop keyboard doesn't respond to all keystrokes unless I slow down my typing, make each stroke definite and firm and check every word. I have reboted several time to o effect. Works for a short time ok and then wil suddely act up again. As can be sen from what I have written here. The typos are not mine they are the keyboard not reactig!!!!! Frustrated!! Can anyone advise? I take it this is a hardware isue and need help to resolve it please.

Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and then open Keyboard and look at the Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate. You may need to adjust the settings.

kernowguy

Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and then open Keyboard and look at the Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate. You may need to adjust the settings.
Thanks sp but the rates were set at fastest. Changed and tested to no avail. Any sugestions welcome. As you can se is becoming frustrating. Not only happening on repeate letters by the way. Can mean initial capitalisation holing down the shift key can resultin second ltter being in caps and also loss of spaces as ou can se!!!!!!!

Ok. You could have a bad config file for the keyboard. Start -> Run and type in devmgmt.msc and press OK.
Once Device Manager opens - click on the + to the left of Keyboard. Select the keyboard that is installed and the right click and choose Uninstall. Press Yes or OK to any Questions the pop-up.
Once the Keyboard is uninstalled. Reboot the laptop and let windows find the keyboard and install it.
The see if the keyboard works.

kernowguy

Ok. You could have a bad config file for the keyboard. Start -> Run and type in devmgmt.msc and press OK.
Once Device Manager opens - click on the + to the left of Keyboard. Select the keyboard that is installed and the right click and choose Uninstall. Press Yes or OK to any Questions the pop-up.
Once the Keyboard is uninstalled. Reboot the laptop and let windows find the keyboard and install it.
The see if the keyboard works.
THanks again sp. Did what you said and initialy keyboard failed to work although allowed log in and was there when checked devmgmt but restarted and now recognised but still not working. Seems to be getting worse. FYI have VIsta and running IE and MS Office and Windows Mail.

Keyboard issue does not apear software related asoften doesn't work properly when inputting password to log in. Same typing issues in IE/Office and Mail.

Laptop only a couple of years old.

Alan

You can get a really good keyboard to test and ensure that your keyboard is in good condition. Or buy a replacement.

kernowguy

You can get a really good keyboard to test and ensure that your keyboard is in good condition. Or buy a replacement.
Thanks will try an external keyboard as well but having said that I am now typing this and not having a problem (frown)!

kernowguy

After a couple of days with no problems laptop rebooted to updated WIndows software and keyboard playingup again WIll ty plugging in another keyboard and see what happens.

Seen elsewhere this can be caused by a bad/failing battery on a laptop. Can you remove the battery and just run the laptop on mains AC power plugged in to the wall socket. See if it runs fast when not running off your battery. If so you need a replacement battery.

kernowguy

Thanks. Will check out the battery issue also though I tend to run connected to mains. I do know that the battery doesn't seem to hold charge that well. Also notice slight flicker of screen brightness so will check out. Keyboard not acting up at the moment but will hang on to options you have all given me and try them out when it goes pear shaped again. Will get back as things develop and give you feedback. Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!