1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard keys not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sandee02, Feb 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

my laptop hp pavilion g4, some keyboard keys are working. Earlier they worked but they are not working. no physical damage has been done to them.
    those keys are f12(wifi), insert, prt sc, delete, =.
    Onscreen keyboard keys are working but not the physical keys. I cant even switch on my wifi adapter on, but once in some application the insert key worked. i tried again and it worked, but not all and not in windows home screen. that means they are not damaged internally also.
    what could be the possible solution for this?

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

It's possible something physical is affecting the keys, e.g. crumbs and/or other detritus which has collected between and underneath the keys. You could try spraying it liberally with a compressed air canister to see if this will dislodge anything stuck underneath. If this doesn't work and you feel confident about doing so, you could always remove the keyboard for cleaning.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  4. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

i also thought the same so i tried cleaning it. I removed the key covers and clean there wasn't much to be cleaned.
    something internal might be the problem i guess.

5. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

6. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

i found one more fact about the keys. when we press them together they work like some nearby keys. like when i press delete , prt sc and insert, they work like backspace key and when i press delete , prt sc and =+ key then it works like ' this key.
    on screen key board works completely.

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Do you have the HP connection Manager installed? I ask because of this
    If not, go here to get it
    Code:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54945.exe

8. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

yes i have installed it from your previous link and when i opened it it showed
    upload_2019-2-15_2-33-12.png

i tried clicking everywhere but that power button like symbol doesn't clicks.

9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What's the full model name of your HP g4 laptop ? It should be on a label underneath, or in the Bios, and look similar to g4-2129tx.

10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 5:16 PM
  11. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

hp pavilion g4 1303AU

12. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

nope when i checked the boxes of switch on wifi and bluetooth when hp connection manager launches but when i restarted my computer to check, it was same no connection and hp connection manager reads the same 'disabled by power button'.
    my laptop is hp g4 1303 AU

13. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  14. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

no the wifi doesn't turns on any time i mean its like a dead button which you keep on pressing it won't switch on.
    i didn't disturb the drivers it was working fine and suddenly the 5 keys got out of order. The last time when i switched on the wifi and before shutting down switched it off and the next time i powered my laptop the 5 keys weren't working.

15. Sandee02

Sandee02 Thread Starter

upload_2019-2-19_5-21-37.png

these are the drivers installed for wifi and keyboard

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice