Keyboard layout missing on (unattended setup)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silent_eve

Hi! im running an unattended version of windows xp(english version only!) and and when i came to change the keyboard layout to French Canadian in ''Regional and Language Options, languages'' it was simply not there no chinese,arabic blablabla nothing just english. Is there a way to install the French Canadian layout without formating my computer? thank you.

silent_eve

im sorry i think i misinterpret myself what i was looking for is a way to install back French language in
<Regional and Language Options>

Missing
*Input language: French (Canada)
*Keyboard Layout: French Canadian

Eve, Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Hopefully, this is what you were asking for help.:)
Activate Language Bar
Start » Settings » Control Panels, to open the Control Panels window, then click on the Regional and Language Options icon.
In the Regional Options window, click on the Language tab on the top.

Click the Details button to open the Settings window.

Language Tab. Click on Details next.

Language Settings window. Click on Language Bar to activate.

Click on the Language Bar button at the bottom to open the Language Bar Settings window.

Check the option Show the Language bar on the desktop, then click OK to close the window.
NOTE: You can click Show Text Labels to show the full label. Otherwise only icons (e.g. for English) will be shown.

To activate different keyboard utilities, click on the Add button in the Settings window and follow the instructions in the Activate Input Locale Keyboards section below. Otherwise click OK for all the Control Panel windows.
NOTE: If you close a window without clicking OK, none of the settings will be changed.
You should see a blue toolbar on the top of your desktop. The Language settings is to the far left.

Activate the U.S. International Keyboard .

Make sure the Language Bar as been activated.
Go to Start » Settings » Control Panels to open the Control Panels window, then click on the Regional and Language Options icon.
In the Regional Options window, click on the Language tab on the top.

Regional and Language Settings Control Panel. Click on Language tab.

Click the Details button to open the Settings window.

Language Tab. Click on Details next.

In the Settings window, Click on the Add button to open the Add Input Locale window.

From the Input locale pull-down list, select English (United States). Select United States-International from the Keyboard IME menu. Codes for the U.S. International keyboard are also available on this Web site.

Settings Input Locale Settings for the International Keyboard.
In the Settings window, you should see the new language or keyboard listed in the Input language menu. If you want the added language to be the default, then choose that language from the Default input language pull down menu.

Language Settings window. Use top pull-down menu to set default keyboard for your machine.

If you want to set keyboard shortcuts to switch between multiple keyboards, make sure you are in the Settings window (shown in Step #4) , then click the Key Settings button on the bottom to open a new window. Adjust the keyboard sequence as desired.

Click OK to close the Regional Options windows.
NOTE: If you close a window without clicking OK, none of the settings will be changed.

Eve, I hope this is what you meant! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online