1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard light ALWAYS on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by catlady13, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. catlady13

catlady13 Thread Starter

I have been working on a pc for my brother and finally think I have most of its problems solved.. except for putting in a new cdrom drive.. BUT the oddest thing is that the keyboard number lock light NEVER goes out even when the pc is off. I've had a lot of trouble with this machine and had posted on it before. I am not sure if this is indicative of a problem ??? or should I just not worry about it ? I only think about it because this machine has been SO much trouble , working , not working , working , not working even when nothing has changed.
    Thank you ...

2. MCP

MCP

sounds like there may be a short on the motherboard, but, if it's not interferring with anything else, I wouldn't worry about it. If it gets to be a problem, you could try installing a USB keyboard.

3. rallyben

rallyben

the light stays on because it is still hooked into the motherboard. Atx mobos always have power from the power supply running through it even when the computer is off and its just another indicator that the power cord is still plugged in to the power supply. Usually, there's a LED on the mobo to tell you that there is still power. There's nothing to worry about

4. catlady13

catlady13 Thread Starter

Gosh thank you... I've had so much trouble with this pc .. have been working on it for weeks .. have posted on it before and FINALLY it seems to be working and stable .. but I was afraid to put the whole thing back together , but the sides on and deliver it .. because every time I have it has totally shut down ..

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The fact that the keyboard is powered means the machine probably has a keyboard power-up key sequence, a feature of many recent machines.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice