keyboard light ALWAYS on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

catlady13

I have been working on a pc for my brother and finally think I have most of its problems solved.. except for putting in a new cdrom drive.. BUT the oddest thing is that the keyboard number lock light NEVER goes out even when the pc is off. I've had a lot of trouble with this machine and had posted on it before. I am not sure if this is indicative of a problem ??? or should I just not worry about it ? I only think about it because this machine has been SO much trouble , working , not working , working , not working even when nothing has changed.
Thank you ...

MCP

sounds like there may be a short on the motherboard, but, if it's not interferring with anything else, I wouldn't worry about it. If it gets to be a problem, you could try installing a USB keyboard.

the light stays on because it is still hooked into the motherboard. Atx mobos always have power from the power supply running through it even when the computer is off and its just another indicator that the power cord is still plugged in to the power supply. Usually, there's a LED on the mobo to tell you that there is still power. There's nothing to worry about

catlady13

Gosh thank you... I've had so much trouble with this pc .. have been working on it for weeks .. have posted on it before and FINALLY it seems to be working and stable .. but I was afraid to put the whole thing back together , but the sides on and deliver it .. because every time I have it has totally shut down ..

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The fact that the keyboard is powered means the machine probably has a keyboard power-up key sequence, a feature of many recent machines.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online