Keyboard locked

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sowerby62

My laptop has opened up but when I try to tap in password to open desktop all the keys are locked. How do I free up the keys?

plodr

Liz
My laptop has opened up
Explain what you mean by "opened up". Also, what brand, model and version of Windows, if Windows, is running.

Sowerby62

Explain what you mean by "opened up". Also, what brand, model and version of Windows, if Windows, is running.
Don’t know how to be clearer about opened up. Computer turns on and asks for my password to begin accessing computer. It’s a Toshiba and operates Windows 10

Sowerby62

Don’t know how to be clearer about opened up. Laptop turns on and asks for password to open desktop. I place ibeamer in box and try to type, but no keys work. Same with onscreen keyboard. Was working fine earlier. Is a Toshiba and operates on Windows 10

Try an external keyboard to see if that works so you can troubleshoot. When you say "opened up" do you mean it comes on as soon as you open the lid? or is already on when you open the lid? Do you have to hit the power button?

plodr

Liz
Computer turns on and asks for my password
That is more descriptive than "opened up".
You boot up the computer by powering it on and it asks for a password.

Does the password request appear before you see much (BIOS password) or after it shows your picture (Windows password).
Like this?
password.jpg

Since there are hundreds of Toshiba laptops, what is the exact model?

Sowerby62

Thanks Lynx1021. Keyboard added and now working perfectly with minimum outlay

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online