1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard locked

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sowerby62, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sowerby62

Sowerby62 Thread Starter

My laptop has opened up but when I try to tap in password to open desktop all the keys are locked. How do I free up the keys?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Explain what you mean by "opened up". Also, what brand, model and version of Windows, if Windows, is running.

3. Sowerby62

Sowerby62 Thread Starter

Don’t know how to be clearer about opened up. Computer turns on and asks for my password to begin accessing computer. It’s a Toshiba and operates Windows 10

4. Sowerby62

Sowerby62 Thread Starter

Don’t know how to be clearer about opened up. Laptop turns on and asks for password to open desktop. I place ibeamer in box and try to type, but no keys work. Same with onscreen keyboard. Was working fine earlier. Is a Toshiba and operates on Windows 10

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Try an external keyboard to see if that works so you can troubleshoot. When you say "opened up" do you mean it comes on as soon as you open the lid? or is already on when you open the lid? Do you have to hit the power button?

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    That is more descriptive than "opened up".
    You boot up the computer by powering it on and it asks for a password.

Does the password request appear before you see much (BIOS password) or after it shows your picture (Windows password).
    Like this?
    password.jpg

Since there are hundreds of Toshiba laptops, what is the exact model?

7. Sowerby62

Sowerby62 Thread Starter

Thanks Lynx1021. Keyboard added and now working perfectly with minimum outlay

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice