Keyboard locking up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eltee

Hi, I am trying to sort out my office where we use Office 2000. Recently the secretary's PC started locking up when she types I ( big i). Not all the time and more often at the start of the day. I changed keyboard, checked settings, ran virus scans all to no avail so I changed the PC. Just finished and another girl in the office comes up & says she has just had the same problem!! The machine completely locks & has to be hard reset. Both machines run Windows 98, one is a generic PC one is Dell laptop, both have uptodate virus progs, one PC-Cillin, the other Norton. Any ideas?!

i wonder if it is the combination of using the shift key and the i.probally a quirk in the office 2000 software i would look for updates or patches in the windows update section

finding out why is a research problem .......fixing it is easy:D

Does this happen in all programs, or is just one?

It could be a bad install. It could also be a minor problem. Have you run Repair on the systems yet?

Have you installed the Service packs for office on them?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online