1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard locks @ BIOS setup utility.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oliverrocs, Apr 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oliverrocs

oliverrocs Thread Starter

I used to be able to get to the BIOS setup utility, and at that time the keyboard worked fine.

Phoenix BIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 copyright 1995-1998 Phoenix Tech. Pentium II - I'M.

When I press F1 for setup, the BIOS setup utility comes up. My problem is when it comes up it locks out the keyboard. I then have no choise but to reboot to use the computer.

The computer works fine in every other aspect. I am running WIN98.

Can you help me solve the keyboard lockout problem?
    Thanks,
    [email protected]

2. ETS

ETS

First thing you should do is try another keyboard on that computer and try your keyboard on another computer.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What happens in windows when you hit F1? Is the key sticking perhaps?

4. oliverrocs

oliverrocs Thread Starter

The F1 key works fine. I get windows help. In this applacation I get MSN help.

The whole keyboard is locked out ONLY when the BIOS setup utility comes on screen,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/42170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice