1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Malfunction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pikle6, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pikle6

pikle6 Thread Starter

hello everyone
    i am new to TSG and wanted help regarding my keyboard
    my specs are

intel q6600 2.4 ghz @ 3.0 ghz
    2 gb ddr2 ram
    asus p5n-mx mobo
    geforce 8400 se 512 mb
    logitech ultra flat keyboard
    logitech optical mouse
    windows vista 32 edition

recently after cleaning my keyboard i felt that a bit of water slipped in so i hairdryed it kept it overnight and connected it on my pc . i noticed that some of my keys were malfunctioning like when i tapped "a" it appeared "as" and
    s - as
    z - zx
    x - zx
    q - qw
    w - qw
    :confused::confused::confused:
    please help me i'm in great need of help :( as i cant buy another keyboard
    i have tried reinstalling drivers from device manager
    also should i upgrade my any of pc components to make it perform better in crysis warhead :):):)

2. pikle6

pikle6 Thread Starter

bump.

3. D X Mage

D X Mage

It is going to have to dry out a LONG time. Or you can get a different (cheap) keyboard. The reason being is that keyboards have layers of thin plastic and if water gets in there it can take months for it to dry out and even then it might not work properly. You might have to completely disassemble the keyboard and clean the layers with +90% pure isopropyl alcohol and let it dry. Then reassemble it and pray that it works correctly. This is not a fun job as it takes forever and there are zillions of little screws, or the even more unfun little plastic clips that break real easy when trying to pry it apart.

4. RogueSpear00

RogueSpear00

To play Crysis: Upgrade the vid card, and maybe add more memory.

Keyboard: Honestly - either wait it out for it to dry or just purchase another keyboard. You're going to continually get frustrated and it most likely will be to badly damaged to properly function after. Keyboards are relatively inexpensive now as well. I do understand that you said that you "cannot purchase another keyboard" but that may end up being your only alternative...or steal your sister's (or wife's) That's what I do - but then I get stuck making her dinner for a week. :(

5. pikle6

pikle6 Thread Starter

thasnk you d x mage and roguespear00

can you tell me how to open its plastic clips if there is s way of opening it without breaking it i have opened the other parts

6. pikle6

pikle6 Thread Starter

also please can u suggest the name of the graphic card under $200

7. pikle6

pikle6 Thread Starter

bump.

8. Pookie

Pookie

Hairdryer

9. D X Mage

D X Mage

10. pikle6

pikle6 Thread Starter

thanks d x mage

11. sheliawhitney

sheliawhitney

hi,
    Now you want new keyboard, right? Not only keyboard, for all computer and computer accessories, you can go at Dell Small Business.com. Dell is offering 6% cash back on all purchases for a limited period during holidays. Just few days back, i have purchased new laptop in this store and i have got 6% cash back also. So nice store. Really it is very fast, reliable, solid and very poweful. I'm very happy with it.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/760881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice