1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard & mouse don't work outside safe mode

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stebbinsd, Sep 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stebbinsd

stebbinsd Thread Starter

Oh god, I've been having this problem for over a week, and I've already been to two forums already.

Here are the two forum posts I've been to:

http://www.computerforum.com/thread...or-a-samsung-sh-224db-bebe-disc-drive.235869/
    www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590299/keyboard-mouse-dont-work-inside-windows/

These incompetent idiots on bleeping computer (apt name, because that's how I feel right now) gave me a suggestion that they 100% guaranteed would fix at least the clock issue, and that, if it didn't fix the keyboard-and-mouse issue, it would bring us one step closer to finding a solution for that.

I personally could give a rat's *** about the clock issue! If I can fix the keyboard-and-mouse issue, I can manually adjust the clock.

But, these guys SWORE TO ME that the CMOS battery needed to be replaced, anyway.

Well, I spent a whole day's worth of food buying a new CMOS battery (going hungry for a day in the process), waited an entire week for it to get here. I cleared my BIOS, inserted the new CMOS battery, and .... nothing!

Even the clock got reset, even though that's SUPPOSED to be the one thing they absolutely guaranteed me would be fixed if I did this!

The only reason I'm still resorting to online help is because it's the weekend now, and all the local computer store are closed.

Do you guys have a suggestion? Maybe one that ... actually will solve the keyboard-and-mouse issue first, and any other problems second? Or at the very least ... a suggestion that actually DOES WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO?!

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

After reading through the thread, I can conclude the people at bleepingcomputer are not "incompetent idiots"; they're people who were merely willing to help a total ingrate, i.e. you, in solving your issue...for free. You don't pay attention to people when they're trying to help, and then you're rude to them when, surprise, surprise, things continue to go awry. Perhaps if you approached the issue with some humility and gratitude, you'd get on better.

3. stebbinsd

stebbinsd Thread Starter

They told me that replacing the CMOS battery was 100% guranteed to solve the clock issue.

I replaced the CMOS battery, and ... it didn't solve the clock issue.

They lied about something being a 100% guaranteed fix. And ... that makes ME the ingrate?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1156354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice