1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard/mouse malfunction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xandr, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xandr

Xandr Thread Starter

Hello. Have recent problem with System 7 started on bootup. Mouse and keyboard would not work. Had been working fine before. Attempted in safe mode to repair drive. Received message nothing fixable every thing check our ok. Attempted to restore to previous restore point no change. Attempt to restore form image backup on second hard drive no change. Was able to log on to drive using the tab key so the drive is there and is operational. But can't do much with a tab key. I am running system 7 on a pentium 4 with 2gb ram and 1 tb hard drive. I have tried three different keyboards with no change in problem. I have checked the bios to see if mouse and keyboard is enable. It was
    did indicate that "Hard disk pre-delay was disable." but I don't know what that means. Also indicated
    "Disabled all IDE resources disabled," don't know what that me ans. The keyboard mouse functioned
    ok before using the three keyboards I have none will work now. Hope someone can help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice