1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Keyboard & Mouse not working after installing reWASD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Palehorse094, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Palehorse094

Palehorse094 Thread Starter

So after installing this program reWASD to record a gamepad macro, which appears to be malware free. My peripherals have stopped working within windows but work fine in the BIOS or startup tools, the peripherals will be detected by windows when un/replugged and light up for about 5 seconds before dying again.
    The same thing happens within safe mode also.

Start up repair finds nothing and System restore has also been unsuccessful and failed to restore from two different points. (1 day and 1 week ago)

I have also tried using a phone app I have that allows you to use a m&kb via wifi but also to no avail.

So any suggestions would be great as this is driving me nuts!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

The reWASD program must have mucked up your Windows internal peripheral controller. Since you have tried System Restore, then I would suggest a Windows Reset, keeping your data files. If that fails, then backup your docs and pics, and do a Clean Install, deleting your C partition.

3. Palehorse094

Palehorse094 Thread Starter

Yeah I've had to settle on a refresh after contacting the creators directly. They had the same issue once they stated after a 'manual intrusion' and my rig did freeze right on the end when I had to restart it so guessing that was it, cheers anyway!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice