1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sherri29, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Good Morning people...Hope someone can help me...

I have the Toshiba laptop, and don't know if this is the right thread for this question or not. I have a wireless mouse that I like using...and I want to know how to disable the mouse that is on the laptop. the Accu-point keys, as they are called I think ..it has the little "button in the center of G,H & B. of the keyboard. and the other "buttons" below the keys on the hand rest place as I will call it. I got out the manual but nowhere could I see where I could disable these buttons. Can they be?

Thanks sherri:confused:

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

what model laptop?

3. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

I'm Sorry...I just told you the brand....it's a Toshiba Satellite 2800/2805 Series..

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

actually, shouldnt matter...go to the control panel and choose mouse..toshiba says you should be able to change to ps2 or usb from there.

5. Lurker1

Lurker1

I don't know about Toshiba's but with Dell laptops there is no way to disable the onboard pointing stick in bios. However if a ps/2 mouse is plugged into the back mouse port there is no problem using both. Have you tryed plugging in the new mouse to see if it will work?

6. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Okay JToast.....My wireless is running and working fine for me...I just want to disable the keyboard mouse and pointer because everytime I lay my hands on the front "resting area" of the laptop...I hit those buttons, and it screws up what I have on my screen. I would just prefer to not even have them "mobilized". But thanks anyhow

7. Jtoast

Jtoast

no, i mean toshibas website says that you should be able to disable the tap function, etc in the mouse settings so that you dont have that problem .

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/105001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice